Dark Souls 3 has 3 possible endings, based on your choices and certain criteria.
Link The First Flame
This is the most basic ending. After you defeat the Soul of Cinder, link the first flame. No prerequisites.
The End of Fire
To get this ending, you must have explored Untended Graves. Take a look at our walkthrough for Untended Graves and where to find the Eyes of the Firekeeper. You need to give these Eyes to the Fire Keeper in Firelink Shrine and talk to her. When prompted with a question, reply “Yes.”
After you defeat the Soul of Cinder, don’t light the flame yet. Look for the Fire Keeper’s summon sign and summon her for “The End of Fire” ending.
The End of Fire (Alternative)
Do the exact same steps as in “The End of Fire” ending. However, during the last 8 seconds as the screen fades to black, attack the Firekeeper to kill her and play this alternate ending.
Usurpation of Fire
The Lord of Hollows ending require many prerequisites:
- Recruit Yoel of Londor on the bridge at the Undead Settlement level.
- Talk to Yoel at Firelink Shrine to draw out your true strength. Kill yourself twice and talk to Yoel to gain a free level. You can repeat this 5 times before you find Yoel dead. You must do this before the Abyss Watchers boss fight. The process gives you 5 Dark Sigils which is needed for this ending. If you cure your Hollowing by giving the Firekeeper the Firekeeper’s Soul, you will cancel this quest line. You can however use the Purging Stone to change your appearance, as it does not remove your Dark Sigils.
- Find Anri of Astora and Horace the Hushed at the Halfway Fortress bonfire. Exhaust all dialogue.
- Speak to Anri and Horace and exhaust all dialogue after killing the Deacons of the Deep.
- Seek Anri in the Catacombs of Carthus in a hallway before the rolling skeleton ball. Exhaust all dialogue. Make sure you never tell her where Horace is.
- Enter Smouldering Lake and seek Horace in cave near the start of the area (hug the wall to the right). Kill him.
- Seek Anri in the path by the wooden bridge before the High Lord Wolnir boss fight. Exhaust all dialogue and “say nothing.”
- At Irithyll of Boreal Valley, seek Anri at the Church of Yorshka. Exhaust all dialogue. Do not kill the assassin at the corner.
- Talk to Yuria of Londor at Firelink Shrine after you’ve defeated Pontiff Sulyvahn. Exhaust all dialogue option. She should tell you that your betrothed is ready.
- Find the Darkmoon tomb before the rotating tower at Anor Londo. Look for the large statue in a small circular room that will disappear when you hit it. You will meet the Pilgrim from the Church of Yorshka who will give you the Sword of Avowal.
- Go to the end of the hall in the hidden tomb to interact with Anri’s body, granting you 3 Dark Sigils, which are needed for this ending.
- Talk to Yuria of Londor at the Firelink Shrine. She should confirm that you are now the Lord of Hollows.
- After you defeat the Soul of Cinder, link the first flame to prompt this secret ending
- EXTRA: If you had summoned Yuria for the final confrontation, you can now find her weapon and armor in Firelink Shrine where she used to be.