CHALLENGES - Land Vehicle
Note: Gear mods are passives that require a certain amount of the specific gear to unlock. Once unlocked, you can have any combination active, as they can be turned on and off at any time.
Videos will be added when/ if a five gear score is obtained.
- In general, the best car to use for any challenge it is available is the mugello farina duo. This can easily be obtained by starting the city sprint challenge, quitting and driving it to a garage as it is the default car for the race. This F1 car has by far the best traction at high speeds (as like the real F1 cars the air pressure pushes it down onto the surface of the road due to it's shape) of any of the sports cars and it's top speed is phenomenal. You should be using this any chance you get to blitz the 5 gear times.
- For the other types of land vehicle challenge (jeep, motorbike and regular vehicle), choose the vehicle you have unlocked with the highest speed and agility rating you can. In general avoid using the default vehicle during these challenges wherever possible as they are usually horrible.
- Gaining nitrous (and nitrous II) will help if you don't have a fast vehicle (such as the ones where sports cars are unavailable), but unless your reflexes are ridiculous, don't bother using it with the high end sports cars unless you need to accelerate after crashing/ spinning out or else you'll wind up cartwheeling through the air or wrapped around a telephone pole.
- Learn the tracks. Knowing where the turns and dangerous patches are is often the difference between winning and failure. So take the first few attempts to learn the layout. There are also occasional shortcuts you can take advantage of as well.
- Jumps - These will often be the bane of your existence, and there are a few things you can do about them. You can orient your car in the air so it will land on it's wheels. You can also use nitrous to increase the length of your jump to bypass hazards or reach a better landing spot. However the biggest thing is to hit the initial ramp in the right spot and at the right angle. This takes practice however so expect to go flying into the skybox or nearby buildings a few times first.
GRAND SLALOM SPRINT
MOUNTAIN PASS SPRINT
SIDE STREET SPRINT
SOUTH COAST SPRINT
STRIP MINE SPRINT
STUNT JUMP SPRINT